Saturday, February 16, 2008

Parallels 3 Build 5584 and VMware Fusion 1.1.1 Build 72241

I finally have a replacement for my long departed G4-based Mac mini (RIP Fall 2007). Since I finally have an Intel-based desktop, I'm moving my virtualization environment and related work from my 1st generation Macbook to the desktop. I used the opportunity to finally update both Parallels Desktop and VMware Fusion. Moving from a 1GB Macbook to a 2GB desktop really made a difference (as expected) when running virtual machines. I brought in an existing Windows XP Parallels Guest OS configuration to Parallels and built a new Fedora 8 Linux Guest OS in VMware Fusion. Although the common wisdom is that VMware is better, I think I still prefer Parallels. But, VMware Fusion is growing on me.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home